Highway to Hell
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me around
Hey Satan, paid my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey mama, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!
A robot must be efficient. It must be user-friendly. It must be fast. Must it be fast?
Highway to Hell, brought to you by Srijan 19, in association with Jadavpur University Science Club, asks you to answer the question quick. The clock's ticking. Can you make a robot that can race through the Hell Arcade faster than all others in the fray? Can you?
P.S. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning 's winning. Let's see you do it..
Drive your manual 4-wheeler robot through the perilous tracks of the JUSC arena in the shortest time.
- Each team can consist of a maximum of 5 members.
- The decision of the JUSC officials is final and abiding.
- If a participant crosses a specific obstacle in the arena, points will be given.
- Each time the participant bot touches the boundary of the arena, points will be deducted. If the bot continues to touch the boundary for more than 5 seconds, it will be considered equivalent of two touches.
- The robot can be wired or wireless.
- Participants will have to arrange for any other power supplies required for bot.
- No receiver and transmitter will be provided to the participant.
- LEGO kits or spare mechanical parts are not allowed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Mindstorms)
- Participant can skip any obstacle, up to a certain limit, although for each time, points will be deducted.
Power supply at 220 volts for the bot will be provided.
The arena of the competition is a race track with obstacles. The obstacles may contain uneven surfaces, sand, grease, turns, various types of slopes up to 45 degrees. The other obstacles shall be revealed on the day of the competition.
- Maximum dimensions (lxbxh) - 40cm x 40cm x 30cm
- Maximum weight - 3 kg.
- Minimum width of wheels – 3 cm.
- Maximum RPM of motors - 500.
- Soumalya Ghosh - 9163727077
- Souvik Ghosh - 8972056205