The High Road
What does it like to be an entrepreneurship aspirant in college life? Taking part in various B-model competitions, striking your brain with some long distant ideas, preparing for case studies and stuff, aren't these all very common already? you are pretty much bored of pitching ideas and making ppts, doing same kind of things over and over again, aren't you?
Well, we at Jadavpur University E-Cell do surely share the same level of frustration with you. There we come with the thought of presenting you with something new this year....
An E-Commerce blended with virtual currencies and real marketplace waits for you in Srijan'19.
See you on "The High Road", in Srijan'19.
Unlike previous editions, this year, Jadavpur University Entrepreneurship Cell has come up with a different kind of event in the annual Techno Management fest, Srijan 2019. With Case Challenges and Business plans being all too common and kind of monotonous, we propose to organize a marketing event where teams can market the products(which will be provided to them) by choosing a base price for it. The other teams as well as volunteers/audiences/OC members can also participate by buying the products with virtual currencies. A fixed virtual currency will be provided to everyone which they can invest on the teams whose marketing of the product they preferred. Teams with maximum virtual money wins the competition and audience(s) who had invested on the top teams will also be eligible for exciting prizes!
- Marketing side:Teams can apply in the Srijan website. A maximum of 30 teams will be selected for the on day event. Teams of 2-4 members can take part, cross college teams allowed. The teams will be assigned a product (either virtual or otherwise, to be decided by event coordinators) and they would be given 2 minutes to decide it's base price(anything between 200 to 1000 virtual money) and 5 minutes to pitch, market and sell their product to the audience. All other team members and rest of the audience are allowed to invest in the team at any point of team before the close of the final pitch(EXCEPT the break). Responses recorded at any other time frames will be automatically deleted. Teams with maximum virtual currencies against their products will be declared winners. In case of a tie, the product with low base price/maximum investors(to be decided by the event coordinators on day) will be declared winners.
- Audience side: The primary investors naturally will be the E Cell&Srijan members and the teams/corporates present. The secondary investors would the student volunteers and any other guests attending the event. During investment, team members may or may not invest on the same team, in other words, investment is a personal choice, not a team response. Everyone participating from the audience will be given a fixed amount(tentatively 2000 virtual currency) and 30 available team choices to invest. They can invest on maximum 3 teams(to be finalized by the OC). Also, as teams will be pitching to sell their product, the audience can pay only as much as the price of the product(no overpayment or underpayment to remove biasness). If the audience buys a product(via virtual money) from a team that goes on be among the top 3 teams, they get the following “investor coins”:
- 1st Team: 20 coins
- 2nd Team:15 coins
- 3rd Team: 10 coins
Top 2 individuals with maximum investor coins are eligible for prizes.
Incase of a tie, the time stamp of buying the product(by the audience) would be a decisive factor. Any other tiebreaker method/joint winner declaration to be decided by the event coordinators and event partners on day.
- Aditya Das - 9123381868
- Shreyam Chatterjee-9563933242
- Sudipta Kumar Hazra- 8240746953
- Sanjukta Bala- 8583846981